The Recovery Support Services Outreach Program supports individuals in their recovery from co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders.
The Lakeview RSS Outreach Program has been in existence since 2000. This advocacy program works with individuals residing in Ontario, Seneca, and Yates Counties. The RSS staff work in coordination with Lakeview's Programs to enhance the services being offered to individuals with co-occuring mental health and substance abuse disorders. The RSS Outreach staff performs a wide range of activities related to the advocacy, linkage and development of services.
Lakeview's RSS Outreach staff offer a number of services, including:
- developing and revising support service plans
- personally assisting with paperwork, transportation, recreation
- linkage and communication with area service providers
- facilitating admissions and discharge plans with inpatient programs
- developing and maintaining self-help support programs (i.e. STEMSS Model)
- developing and maintaining trainings and activities for consumers, staff and the community related to increasing the sensitivity to and effectiveness of services for RSS individuals
- conducting comprehensive assessment of the needs, problems, strengths and functioning levels of clients
- supporting and assisting clients with securing necessary services, living independently and accomplishing their individual goals and objectives
Support Together for the Emotional & Mental Sobriety & Serenity.
STEMSS is a step program to help individuals learn about and understand the interplay between alcohol/street drugs and mental illness. We do this by socializing together in a safe environment, by building self – esteem, and by informing each other of resources available in our communities related to alcoholism, drug abuse and mental health. STEMSS meetings are available in Ontario, Seneca and Yates counties.
- MONDAY: 12:00 pm Yates CSS - 173 Main St., Penn Yann, NY 14527
- MONDAY: 5:00 pm Ontario CSS – 611 W. Washington St., Geneva, NY 14456
- THURSDAY: 4:30 pm Seneca Drop In -27 Cayuga St., Seneca Falls, NY 13148
- FRIDAY: First United Methodist Church–100 Main St., Canandaigua, NY 14424
Transportation is available for these services on a limited basis. Please call (315) 789-0550 ext.2177 and leave your name, address and telephone number. We will need at least two hours’ notice before the start of the meeting if we are to pick you up. For more information on STEMSS or Co-Occurring supports call (315) 789-0550 and ask to speak with the RSS Coordinator.