The Recovery Support Services Outreach Program supports individuals in their recovery from co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders.
The Lakeview RSS Outreach Program is an advocacy program that assists individuals residing in Ontario, Seneca, and Yates Counties. The RSS staff work in coordination with Lakeview's Programs to enhance the services being offered to individuals with co-occuring mental health and substance abuse disorders. The RSS Outreach staff performs a wide range of activities related to the advocacy, linkage and development of services.
Lakeview's RSS Outreach staff offer a number of services, including:
- developing and revising support service plans
- personally assisting with paperwork, transportation, recreation
- linkage and communication with area service providers
- facilitating admissions and discharge plans with inpatient programs
- developing and maintaining self-help support programs (i.e. STEMSS Model)
- developing and maintaining trainings and activities for consumers, staff and the community related to increasing the sensitivity to and effectiveness of services for RSS individuals
- conducting comprehensive assessment of the needs, problems, strengths and functioning levels of clients
- supporting and assisting clients with securing necessary services, living independently and accomplishing their individual goals and objectives
Support Together for the Emotional & Mental Sobriety & Serenity
STEMSS is fellowship of community individuals who work together to manage co-occurring mental illness and chemical dependency. Offering a safe, nurturing, and educational environment with a goal of building self-esteem, the group discusses the interplay between mental health and alcohol/street drugs while sharing community resources and experiences.
STEMSS meetings are held weekly in several locations throughout the Finger Lakes. Call 315.789.0550 for meeting locations and times.
For more information on STEMSS or Co-Occurring supports call 315.789,0550 and ask to speak with the RSS Coordinator.